Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Been so long!

Wow, didn't realize how long it has been since i've been on here. Don't think anyone really reads anyway, so guess it doesn't matter to much. But moving on....

I sent Mike off to Cherry Point today for him to go off to Afghanistan. I haven't thought of a nickname for this one yet...Iraq was the sandbox but this so isn't the same. Right now Mike has dubbed it "the shithole" and I have a feeling that the nickname will stick. Everything about this time around is different. Frequent internet access? HAHA NOT! Frequent phone calls?? Yeah, right! Baby wipe baths? Yup, definitely so. The goodbye was different...we walked away from everyone to the car and helped me with the kids, kissed them bye, kissed me bye and handed me his wedding band (Don't let him take it b/c his fingers swell way to bad in the heat). He walked away. I grabbed him one more time and kissed him again. It was raining (so fitting, fit my dreary sad here we go again mood) so he rushed me to get going. Thank God b/c the buses were pulling up and I LOATHE those things. Well, we have a hate/love relationship. Hate them at the beginning LOVE them at the end. Unfortunately, we have several months to the end. BUT we'll make it. I truly believe, even through all the bullshit people cause, that we will once again survive it. Probably come out stronger than ever.

I do worry about the kids. They're used to the AZ trips where it was like 8 weeks. They don't really remember the last deployment...so, i'm curious/anxious/scared to see how they are two months from now. Guess we shall see...but I know I am capable of doing this, Mike knows I am, and my family does too. Here's to another deployment!

I'm ending this short blog with this...
Dear Lord, please keep my husband safe. Protect him from harm and always let him know that I love him and we are waiting for him back here at home.

I love you Michael John...you are pretty amazing. Even through all the hard times! Be safe baby!

No comments: